Earlsheaton Highfield Congregational Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Services were held every month at Earlsheaton by Rev T Taylor, minister of Ossett Green Congregational Church 1795-1808; these services continued after 1808.
A congregation was established in 1862 from Dewsbury Ebenezer.
A chapel was built in High Street (later called Town Street) in 1861-1862.
The chapel was demolished in 1978 and the congregation then used the Sunday School for worship.
The church is still in existence in 2009 and called Highfield United Reformed Church.