Dewsbury Unity Unitarian Church

From Off the Record
Jump to: navigation, search
This is a backup of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. The live went offline in 2016 and remains unavailable.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

Origins go back to congregation of Rev John Atlay; he had been book steward at John Wesley's own church at City Road, London, but he seceded from the Methodists; in 1789 he was chosen as preacher by the trustees of the High Chapel in Webster Hall, Dewsbury; this chapel had been Methodist but the chapel trustees broke with the Methodist Conference in 1789.

Chapel built in Swindon Road at Spink Well 1865.

Closed c.1950-1957.