Dewsbury Springfield Congregational Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
A congregation was established between 1855-1856 from Dewsbury Ebenezer, using the old Dewsbury Cloth Hall for services.
A chapel was built in Halifax Road at the corner of Commercial Street in 1856.
The chapel closed in 1961 and the congregation joined Dewsbury United Congregational Church (formerly Dewsbury Ebenezer). The chapel was later demolished.
Records relating to this church can be found at WYAS: Kirklees under the reference number KC911/2.