Dewsbury Leeds Road Baptist Church

From Off the Record
Jump to: navigation, search
This is a backup of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. The live went offline in 2016 and remains unavailable.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

Records relating to this collection can be found at WYAS:Kirklees under reference number KC1031

Meetings for worship were established in 1845 from Staincliffe, using a meeting room in the Dewsbury Cloth & Blanket Hall. Services continued to be held here until 1856.

Baptist services were held in the Assembly Room, Wakefield Road in 1864 and the congregation was established in 1865 using the Assembly Room.

In 1870-1871 a chapel was built in Leeds Road.

The chapel is still in existence in 2009 and is known as Dewsbury Baptist Church.

http://www.dewsburybaptistchurch.co.uk

NB. Because of the development of Dewsbury Ring Road the chapel's address is now Manor Street NOT Leeds Road