Clayton West Congregational Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
A congregation was established in 1790 and a chapel was built on the north side of Chapel Hill in 1794.
A Sunday School was established in 1815.
A chapel was rebuilt on the same site between 1865-1866. Whilst the old chapel was being demolished and the new one built the congregation held services in the Methodist New Connexion chapel in High Street.