Brownhill C of E School, Batley
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Brownhill National School, Intake Lane was built in 1873 and became known as Brownhill Church of England School from c1900. The school became an infants only school in c1970 and closed in 1976 when a new premises opened, the building was later used as a Territorial Army Centre.
The earliest recorded log book for the school is dated March 1873.