Bradford Road United Methodist Free Church, Birkenshaw
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Previously called Bradford Road Wesleyan Reform Church
Was established c1851 by Wesleyan Reformers who seceded from Westgate Hill Wesleyan Methodist Church, Birkenshaw and used School Hill Sunday School as their chapel and Sunday School from c1851-1852.
A chapel was built at Furnace Hill in Bradford Road 1870-1871 though they continued to use School Hill premises as Sunday School until c1908 when a new one was built next to the chapel; the old Sunday School was demolished c1970.
In 1971 the congregation united with Westgate Hill and Old Lane Methodist churches and the chapel was modernised and altered in the 1970s