Bolster Moor Baptist Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Formerly known as Sunny Bank Particular Baptist Church until 1968 when the Clough Head congregation amalgamated with it.
Records relating to this church can be found at WYAS: Kirklees under reference number WYK1423
Established by thirty members who seceded from Pole Moor in 1882 because they objected to the use of fermented wine at the Lord's Supper.
Services were held in a cottage at Hart's Hill from January 1883. In March 1883 services were held in a carpenter's shop at Sunny Bank and a Sunday School was held in a cottage next door.
In 1888-1889 a chapel was built in Slades Road.
The church was still in existence in 2007.