Birstall Mount Top Wesleyan Methodist Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
A Mission room was established in 1873 using a cottage at Mount Top and a chapel and Sunday School were built in Raikes Lane in 1880; the chapel was subsequently enlarged in 1904.
The chapel closed in 1977 and the congregation joined St John's Methodist Church. The building was converted into a house
Records relating to this chapel can be found at West Yorkshire Archive Service: Kirklees office under the reference number NM/BL