Birkenshaw Bottoms United Free Methodist Church

From Off the Record
Jump to: navigation, search
This is a backup of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. The live went offline in 2016 and remains unavailable.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

Was established from Bradford Road United Methodist Free Church, Birkenshaw as a Gospel Temperance Mission in 1882 using cottages for meetings. By 1886 rented premises were being used as a mission room.

In 1896 a Mission church of corrugated iron was built near the corner of Birkenshaw Lane and Moor Lane; this was later modernised in 1992.

[[1]]