Bethel Primitive Methodist Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Established in c1821 using rented premises, the chapel was built in Moor Lane in 1850, a Sunday School built next door to the chapel in 1870, the chapel was demolished in 1872 and a new one was built on the same site that year. The chapel closed in 1964 and the congregation amalgamated with West Lane and little Gommersal chapels to form Gomersal Trinity Methodist Church using the premises at West Lane.
Records relating to this church may be found at WYAS Kirklees, collection reference:KC273