Battyeford Methodist Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Previously known as Battyeford Primitive Methodist Church.
It is uncertain when this church was established, but a barn at Low Littlemoor was used for meetings. By 1854 premises in Stocks Bank Lane were being used and by 1863 a chapel had been built in Nab Lane. Although there were plans to demolish the chapel and use the site to build a new one and additional housing in 1987 this did not happen. The chapel was refurbished in 1996-1997 and re-opened in 1997.