Battyeford C of E Infants School
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
The National Schools, Stocks Bank Road were built in 1841 for boys and 1845 for girls. The girls school moved to Nab and the old girls school became the infants school in 1879. The boys moved to Nab in 1901 which gave the infants the whole site which became known as Battyeford Church of England Infants School. The former girls school building was used as Battyeford parish rooms by 1930's and the infants continued to use the former boys school building. The school closed in 1967 when the new church school was built in Nab Lane, the former boys school is now a dwellinghouse and the former girls school is still used as Battyeford parish rooms.
The earliest recorded log book is dated September 1899. Records for this school are held by WYAS Kirklees.