Batley Road Methodist New Connexion Church

From Off the Record
Jump to: navigation, search
This is a backup of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. The live went offline in 2016 and remains unavailable.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

A chapel was built in Batley Road at Heckmondwike Top, c1840 - 1845 and was affected by the Barkerite controversy in th e1840's, it closed in c1848 - 1849 and the building was taken over by Primitive Methodists.