Batley Purwell Infants School
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Built as Purwell Board School, Purwell Lane, Batley in 1874, the school became an infants only school in 20th century. Part of the buildings were used by Foxcroft Girl's Secondary School between c1930 - 1959. The whole building was used by the infants school from 1959 and its present name is Purwell Infants and Nursery School. The earliest log book for the school is dated November 1874.
Records for this school are held by WYAS Kirklees.