Batley Primitive Methodist Revivalists
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Also known as New Street Gospel Pilgrims
The chapel was built in New Street in 1833 and some Wesleyan Reformers joined this congregation c1858.
In 1858 the chapel applied to join the Birstall Wesleyan Reform Circuit- however if they did join, it appears that they soon left again.
The subsequent history of the church is uncertain; the congregation may have formed the nucleus of Park Road Independent Methodist Church