Batley Primitive Methodist Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Also known as Wellington Street Methodist Church
It was established c1840 using rented premises for worship and later used the former New Connexion chapel in Spa Hill in 1855-1856 Central Methodist Church, Batley
In 1857 the chapel moved to the former Providence Congregational chapel in Wellington Street. This chapel later burnt dowm and a new one was built on the same site c1869.
This chapel closed in 1966 and the congregation joined Zion Methodist Church.
In 1967 the chapel was demolished.
NB The graveyard of the chapel in Wellington Street continued to be used by the Congregationalists even after the Primitive Methodists took over the chapel building