Batley Park Road County Primary School
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Built as Park Road Board School, Park Road, Batley in 1876, the school opened in 1877. It became Park Road Primary School in the 1930's and was renamed Bankfield County Primary School in 1950. Part of the buildings were used by Bankfield Boys Secondary School between c1930 - 1959. The whole building was used as a primary school from 1959. The school's present name is Park Road Junior, Infants and Nursery School and plans existed to move the school to new premises.