Batley Park Road Baptist Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
These records are available at WYAS Kirklees KC1036
Congregation established 1875, using old brick Wesleyan Chapel in Wellington Street Moved to a small room [location unknown] 1880; moved to a room in Commercial Street 1882 Acquired chapel in Park Road from Independent Methodists 1885 and closed in 1940. Building used by Kirklees Adult Education Service by 1980's. Buildings set on fire 1994 and fell down later that year.