Batley Carr Primitive Methodist Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
The church was established in 1863 using a room in Robin Lane. A chapel was built in Upper Road between 1863-1864 and subsequently enlarged in 1903.
The church closed between 1959-1960 and the building was used by the Church of Christ 1968 and by 1979 was used as an arts centre. In 2002 the building was used as Dewsbury Little Theatre.