Allerton cum Wilsden Township
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
The township dates from at least 1638. It became part of Bradford Civil Parish in 1898. Records held at WYAS: Bradford include:
|Description of Document||Catalogue Reference||Date|
|Apprenticeship indentures||69D82/9/4/ 15D74 Box 10 Case 2||1712-19th century|
|Settlement papers and removal orders||15D74 Box 10 Case 2||1714-1826|
|Surveyors accounts||15D74 Box 10 Case 2||1832-1835|
Allerton’s Local Board was constituted in 1863 and was superseded by Allerton Urban Sanitary District in 1875. Records for Allerton Local Board held at WYAS: Bradford are catalogued under reference BBT5 and include council minutes, 1865-1875; surveyors records, 1863-1865; waterworks company records, 1874; poll books, 1869-1875; rate books, 1864-1868 and surveyors accounts, 1865-1871.
Allerton Urban Sanitary District replaced Allerton Local Board in 1875. It was abolished in 1882 when Allerton was incorporated into Bradford Municipal Borough. Records held at WYAS: Bradford include: 62D80/5, building plans, 1874-1882; BBT5/1, council minutes, 1875-1882; BBT5/3, waterworks company records, 1875-1882; BBT5/4, clerks correspondence, 1875-1882; BBT5/5, medical officers of health records, 1875-1881.