Browse Items (51 total)

  • Tags: Mills

Newmill.jpg
The mill in the foreground is Glendale Mills, which was previously known as Ing Nook Mill.

scanA243.jpg
Photo postcard of Hanson Lane, Lockwood. The large building near the centre of the photograph is the now-demolished Lockwood Mills.

Dogley, Kirkburton.jpg
Undated photograph of Dogley Lane, Kirkburton, showing the chimney of Dogley Mills and Dogley Lane Independent Congregational Chapel.

scan064.jpg
Hand-coloured postcard looking west over Magdale, with Queen's Square Mill in the centre. To its right is Upper Steps Mills. Woodhead Road is in the foreground.

2018-03-31-17-25-32-01.jpg
1950s advertisement for James Shires & Sons Limited (est. 1864) of George Street Mills. Milnsbridge.

imgABB002.jpg
Photo postcard of the fire that destroyed Swan Bank Mill, Holmfirth, on 24 October 1924.

imgABB001.jpg
Hand-coloured photo postcard of the fire that destroyed Swan Bank Mill, Holmfirth, on 24 October 1924.

27717345866.jpg
Undated photograph looking down the valley towards Armitage Bridge, with Dungeon Mill in the foreground. The roofs of houses on Meltham Road are visible in the bottom right. Houses at Berry Brow can be seen on the middle left.

27456397235.jpg
Low Westwood Upper Mill built alongside the banks of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal at Linthwaite, now derelict.

27179952270.jpg
Low Westwood Upper Mill built alongside the banks of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal at Linthwaite, now derelict.

27179938840.jpg
Low Westwood Upper Mill built alongside the banks of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal at Linthwaite, now derelict.

27179934450.jpg
Low Westwood Upper Mill built alongside the banks of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal at Linthwaite, now derelict.

26849101003.jpg
Low Westwood Upper Mill built alongside the banks of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal, now derelict.

26847905954.jpg
Lees Mill, just inside the boundary of Golcar, now disused. Photograph taken in May 2016.

26847904074.jpg
Lees Mill, just inside the boundary of Golcar, now disused. Photograph taken in May 2016.

26847902154.jpg
Lees Mill, just inside the boundary of Golcar, now disused. Photograph taken in May 2016.

26847217084.jpg
Low Westwood Upper Mill built alongside the banks of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal, now derelict.

21855840811.jpg
The remains of Lower Hall Mill, South Crosland, which was probably abandoned in the late 1800s, as it was listed empty in the 1891 and 1901 Censuses. It was likely one of two mills linked to Lower Hall Farm. In 1873, it was sold as part of a…

21846249945.jpg
The remains of Lower Hall Mill, South Crosland, which was probably abandoned in the late 1800s, as it was listed empty in the 1891 and 1901 Censuses. It was likely one of two mills linked to Lower Hall Farm. In 1873, it was sold as part of a…

21846246285.jpg
The remains of Lower Hall Mill, South Crosland, which was probably abandoned in the late 1800s, as it was listed empty in the 1891 and 1901 Censuses. It was likely one of two mills linked to Lower Hall Farm. In 1873, it was sold as part of a…

21834371782.jpg
The remains of Lower Hall Mill, South Crosland, which was probably abandoned in the late 1800s, as it was listed empty in the 1891 and 1901 Censuses. It was likely one of two mills linked to Lower Hall Farm. In 1873, it was sold as part of a…

21658636078.jpg
The upper floor. Together with the roof, this was rebuilt after a fire in 1952.

21658395578.jpg
The remains of Lower Hall Mill, South Crosland, which was probably abandoned in the late 1800s, as it was listed empty in the 1891 and 1901 Censuses. It was likely one of two mills linked to Lower Hall Farm. In 1873, it was sold as part of a…

21658394248.jpg
The remains of Lower Hall Mill, South Crosland, which was probably abandoned in the late 1800s, as it was listed empty in the 1891 and 1901 Censuses. It was likely one of two mills linked to Lower Hall Farm. In 1873, it was sold as part of a…

21658193350.jpg
The remains of Lower Hall Mill, South Crosland, which was probably abandoned in the late 1800s, as it was listed empty in the 1891 and 1901 Censuses. It was likely one of two mills linked to Lower Hall Farm. In 1873, it was sold as part of a…

21300921515.jpg
Lord's Mill on the Honley side of the Mag Brook. Built circa 1792, it was partly rebuilt after a fire in 1952 but now stands derilict and boarded up.

21225189833.jpg
The remains of Lower Hall Mill, South Crosland, which was probably abandoned in the late 1800s, as it was listed empty in the 1891 and 1901 Censuses. It was likely one of two mills linked to Lower Hall Farm. In 1873, it was sold as part of a…

21112485110.jpg
Mag Brook, with Cocking Steps Mill on the left. The stream was the former boundary between Honley and South Crosland.