Browse Items (22 total)

  • Tags: Maps

Mount, Hillhouse.png
Detail from the 1890 O.S. Town Plan of the area once known as Mount or Ark Hill Mound, which is suspected to be the location of an early motte and bailey castle.

Hope Bank Pleasure Resort (c.1929).jpg
Section of the Yorkshire CCLX 11 sheet, published by the Ordnance Survey in 1932, showing the layout of the Hope Bank Pleasure Resort.

map2695.jpg
Coloured version of the Ordnance Survey 1908 Yorkshire Sheet CCLIX S.E. covering Marsden and and the northern section of the Wessenden Valley. At the time the map was surveyed, Butterley Reservoir was under construction and the temporary tramway for…

map2694.jpg
Coloured version of the Ordnance Survey 1908 Yorkshire Sheet CCXLVI S.E. covering central Huddersfield, Dalton, part of Edgerton, Fartown, Fartown Green, Highfield, Hillhouse, Moldgreen, and part of Rashcliffe.

map2693.jpg
Coloured version of the Ordnance Survey 1908 Yorkshire Sheet CCLX S.E. covering Brockholes, Honley, Netherthong, Thongsbridge and Thurstonland.

map2692.jpg
Coloured version of the Ordnance Survey 1907 Yorkshire Sheet CCLIX N.E. covering Slaithiwate, Deanhead Reservoir and Sparth Reservoir.

map2691.jpg
Coloured version of the Ordnance Survey 1908 Yorkshire Sheet CCLX S.W. covering Crosland Edge, Helme, Honley Wood, Meltham, Meltham Mills, Thick Hollins, and Wilshaw.

Street Map of Huddersfield and District 1947 (Hubert Armitage).png
The map was given away by Hubert Armitage, F.A.I., "auctioneer, valuer and estate agent" of Estate Buildings, Railway Street, Huddersfield.

1832 Boundary Commission Report (Huddersfield).jpg
Map of the proposed Parliamentary Borough of Huddersfield from Parliamentary Representation: Reports from Commissioners on Proposed Division of Counties and Boundaries of Boroughs (1832)

30450672731.png
George Crosland's 1826 map of Huddersfield. A PDF version of the map can be downloaded from here.

30422647832.png
Town plan of Huddersfield from 1778.

29903037823.png
Surveyed by Robert Nixon in 1850 and reproduced in Roy Brook's "The Story of Huddersfield". A high-resolution PDF version of the map can be downloaded from here.

29788538770.png
The extent of the Huddersfield Improvement Commissioners' remit, highlighted on the 1854 Yorkshire 246 O.S. map. The 1851 O.S. Town Plan was likely surveyed in the mid-to-late 1840s before the boundary of the Improvement Commissioners was finalised…

28000620236.png
1919 map of Huddersfield published by Alfred Jubb & Son. A detailed PDF version and a high-res PNG image can be downloaded from Huddersfield Exposed.

24258865765.png
1894 Ordnance Survey map showing the short-lived Harden Moss Racecourse, situated above Meltham and Holmfirth on the Greenfield Road. Solicitor Frederick Robert Jones (1814-1896) had hoped to build a racecourse next to his "model farm" at Harden Moss…

23258582709.png
1894 OS map showing the location of the Rifle Butts 1,000 yard rifle range on Crosland Moor, used by the local Volunteer Rifle Corps in the late 1800s. Presumably anyone using Sandy Lane (which runs up to the Sands House Inn) would have been dodging…

21318275258.png
1879 map showing the extent of Dungeon Wood and the proposed section to be included in Beaumont Park (shaded in a darker grey). The map has been kindly provided by the Friends of Beaumont Park. The map was prepared by the Borough Surveyor, John Henry…

20764066111.png
Built prior to the mid 1840s, the Belthel Buildings in Netherton were originally twelve properties, with one row of six facing onto Nether Moor Road and a further six built into the hillside below them. The houses were built by South Crosland builder…

20346061615.png
1965 Ordnance Survey map showing the location of the upper lake in Beaumont Park.

20337938312.png
1906 Ordnance Survey map showing the location of the upper lake in Beaumont Park.

20197484006.png
Map showing the layout of the confluence at Brow Grains. The bore hole pumping station building is highlighted in red. The map also shows the route of a disused "mineral railway".

20187673914.png
The row of properties formerly known as Spring Terrace, Netherton, were likely built in the 1860s by South Crosland stone mason and builder Bethel Holroyd (1804-1874).
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2