Browse Items (132 total)

  • Tags: © Dave Pattern

28796859475.jpg
Photograph of the Quirky II restaurant in Meltham, formerly the Conservative Club and originally the town's first National School.

27456397235.jpg
Low Westwood Upper Mill built alongside the banks of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal at Linthwaite, now derelict.

27384882021.jpg
Low Westwood Upper Mill built alongside the banks of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal at Linthwaite, now derelict.

27179952270.jpg
Low Westwood Upper Mill built alongside the banks of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal at Linthwaite, now derelict.

27179938840.jpg
Low Westwood Upper Mill built alongside the banks of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal at Linthwaite, now derelict.

27179934450.jpg
Low Westwood Upper Mill built alongside the banks of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal at Linthwaite, now derelict.

26892159345.jpg
Photograph of Crab Tree Well Pinfold, South Crosland, where stray animals were once impounded

26892157085.jpg
Photograph of Crab Tree Well Pinfold, South Crosland, where stray animals were once impounded

26891107465.jpg
Photograph of Holy Trinity, Church Lane, South Crosland, built between 1827 and 1829 by Joseph Kaye (c.1779-1858).

26858789656.jpg
Photograph of one of the two inscriptions on the Cottage Homes in Netherton.

26858318016.jpg
Photograph of Crab Tree Well Pinfold, South Crosland, where stray animals were once impounded

26858316806.jpg
Photograph of Crab Tree Well, South Crosland. The water troughs were likely built in 1888.

26857273996.jpg
Photograph of Holy Trinity, Church Lane, South Crosland, built between 1827 and 1829 by Joseph Kaye (c.1779-1858).

26857269106.jpg
Photograph of Holy Trinity, Church Lane, South Crosland, built between 1827 and 1829 by Joseph Kaye (c.1779-1858).

26849101003.jpg
Low Westwood Upper Mill built alongside the banks of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal, now derelict.

26847905954.jpg
Lees Mill, just inside the boundary of Golcar, now disused. Photograph taken in May 2016.

26847904074.jpg
Lees Mill, just inside the boundary of Golcar, now disused. Photograph taken in May 2016.

26847902154.jpg
Lees Mill, just inside the boundary of Golcar, now disused. Photograph taken in May 2016.

26847217084.jpg
Low Westwood Upper Mill built alongside the banks of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal, now derelict.

26824505891.jpg
Photograph of Crab Tree Well, South Crosland. The water troughs were likely built in 1888.

26823294581.jpg
Tombstone for Bethel Holroyd (1804-1874) and family members in the graveyard of Holy Trinity, South Crosland. Bethel was a local stone mason and builder, and examples of his work still remain in the locality, such as the Bethel Buildings and Spring…

26798600772.jpg
Photograph of Crab Tree Well Pinfold, South Crosland, where stray animals were once impounded

26797620382.jpg
Photograph of Holy Trinity, Church Lane, South Crosland, built between 1827 and 1829 by Joseph Kaye (c.1779-1858).

26619289230.jpg
Photograph of Crab Tree Well, South Crosland. The water troughs were likely built in 1888.

26619287930.jpg
Photograph of Crab Tree Well, South Crosland. The water troughs were likely built in 1888.

26288009673.jpg
Photograph of the sign at Sun Royd, above Meltham.

26287780343.jpg
Photograph of Crab Tree Well Pinfold, South Crosland, where stray animals were once impounded

26287772933.jpg
Photograph of Crab Tree Well, South Crosland. The water troughs were likely built in 1888.

26286607153.jpg
Photograph of Holy Trinity, Church Lane, South Crosland, built between 1827 and 1829 by Joseph Kaye (c.1779-1858).

26286391543.jpg
Tombstone for Bethel Holroyd (1804-1874) and family members in the graveyard of Holy Trinity, South Crosland. Bethel was a local stone mason and builder, and examples of his work still remain in the locality, such as the Bethel Buildings and Spring…

22916560391.jpg
Scar Top, Netherton, linked to both the Giants of Magdale and to the Devil.

22891992922.jpg
Scar Top, Netherton, linked to both the Giants of Magdale and to the Devil.

22879435106.jpg
On Scar Top Lane, looking up the valley towards Honley Woods and Meltham.

22717430890.jpg
Scar Top, Netherton, linked to both the Giants of Magdale and to the Devil. A hand and eye are scratched into the side of Scar Top (anyone know what they represent?). Apparently they've been there for decades!

22717427570.jpg
Scar Top, Netherton, linked to both the Giants of Magdale and to the Devil.

22513278009.jpg
Scar Top, Netherton, linked to both the Giants of Magdale and to the Devil.

22513277349.jpg
Scar Top, Netherton, linked to both the Giants of Magdale and to the Devil.

22513273109.jpg
Old rusty gate on Scar Top Lane, Netherton.

22487108798.jpg
Scar Top, Netherton, linked to both the Giants of Magdale and to the Devil.

22487065617.jpg
Scar Top, Netherton, linked to both the Giants of Magdale and to the Devil.

22487061907.jpg
Scar Top, Netherton, linked to both the Giants of Magdale and to the Devil.

22284278283.jpg
Scar Top, Netherton, linked to both the Giants of Magdale and to the Devil.

21855840811.jpg
The remains of Lower Hall Mill, South Crosland, which was probably abandoned in the late 1800s, as it was listed empty in the 1891 and 1901 Censuses. It was likely one of two mills linked to Lower Hall Farm. In 1873, it was sold as part of a…

21846249945.jpg
The remains of Lower Hall Mill, South Crosland, which was probably abandoned in the late 1800s, as it was listed empty in the 1891 and 1901 Censuses. It was likely one of two mills linked to Lower Hall Farm. In 1873, it was sold as part of a…

21846246285.jpg
The remains of Lower Hall Mill, South Crosland, which was probably abandoned in the late 1800s, as it was listed empty in the 1891 and 1901 Censuses. It was likely one of two mills linked to Lower Hall Farm. In 1873, it was sold as part of a…

21834371782.jpg
The remains of Lower Hall Mill, South Crosland, which was probably abandoned in the late 1800s, as it was listed empty in the 1891 and 1901 Censuses. It was likely one of two mills linked to Lower Hall Farm. In 1873, it was sold as part of a…

21658636078.jpg
The upper floor. Together with the roof, this was rebuilt after a fire in 1952.

21658395578.jpg
The remains of Lower Hall Mill, South Crosland, which was probably abandoned in the late 1800s, as it was listed empty in the 1891 and 1901 Censuses. It was likely one of two mills linked to Lower Hall Farm. In 1873, it was sold as part of a…

21658394248.jpg
The remains of Lower Hall Mill, South Crosland, which was probably abandoned in the late 1800s, as it was listed empty in the 1891 and 1901 Censuses. It was likely one of two mills linked to Lower Hall Farm. In 1873, it was sold as part of a…

21658193350.jpg
The remains of Lower Hall Mill, South Crosland, which was probably abandoned in the late 1800s, as it was listed empty in the 1891 and 1901 Censuses. It was likely one of two mills linked to Lower Hall Farm. In 1873, it was sold as part of a…

21300921515.jpg
Lord's Mill on the Honley side of the Mag Brook. Built circa 1792, it was partly rebuilt after a fire in 1952 but now stands derilict and boarded up.

21225189833.jpg
The remains of Lower Hall Mill, South Crosland, which was probably abandoned in the late 1800s, as it was listed empty in the 1891 and 1901 Censuses. It was likely one of two mills linked to Lower Hall Farm. In 1873, it was sold as part of a…

21112485110.jpg
Mag Brook, with Cocking Steps Mill on the left. The stream was the former boundary between Honley and South Crosland.

20333696682.jpg
The sycamore tree was planted on Saturday 13 October 1883 by the Duchess of Albany during the formal opening ceremony for Beaumont Park. The fence to the right of the tree once separated the main lake from the shallower padding pool.

20316008006.jpg
The original bandstand was demolished prior to 1930. In May 2000, the Friends of Beaumont Park uncovered the base of the bandstand, which had been hidden under a raised flower bed. Concerts began to be held on the base and, in 2010, work began to…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2