Cross Church Street, Huddersfield
The building with the lion is the White Lion Hotel (now Revolution bar), which was remodelled in a Mock Tudor style in the early 1900s. A photograph on the Kirklees Image Archive shows how the building looked prior to that alteration. To the right of the Lion Hotel is the Sun Inn, selling Hammonds Ales. O. S. Wain is listed in the 1937 Directory as a gentleman's outfitter. James Curran and Evelyn W. Parkinson are listed as the licensees of the White Lion and Sun Inns respectively. On the left-hand side of the street, the "Meadow" sign belonged to Meadow Dairy Co., Ltd. (Grocers and Provision Merchants).
|tags:||Cross Church Street (Huddersfield), Huddersfield, Photographs, Photographs: Monochrome, Sun Inn (Cross Church Street, Huddersfield), White Lion Hotel (Cross Church Street, Huddersfield)|
|rights:||Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)|
|date added:||29 December 2016|