The new bandstand in Beaumont Park
The original bandstand was demolished prior to 1930. In May 2000, the Friends of Beaumont Park uncovered the base of the bandstand, which had been hidden under a raised flower bed. Concerts began to be held on the base and, in 2010, work began to build the new bandstand. The opening ceremony took place on 5 June 2011. The original bandstand also had raised roof section, which was added when it was found the original pitched roof design caused poor acoustics.
|tags:||2010-19, 2015, Beaumont Park, Beaumont Park: Bandstand, Photographs, Photographs: Colour|
|creator:||© Dave Pattern|
|date:||6 August 2015|
|rights:||© Dave Pattern|
|date added:||28 December 2016|