Improvement Boundary (1854 OS 246 map)
The extent of the Huddersfield Improvement Commissioners' remit, highlighted on the 1854 Yorkshire 246 O.S. map. The 1851 O.S. Town Plan was likely surveyed in the mid-to-late 1840s before the boundary of the Improvement Commissioners was finalised and shows a circle centred on the Market Place. By the 1892 O.S. map, the area had been subdivided into five wards: Central, North, East, South & West.
|tags:||1850-59, 1854, Huddersfield, Maps|
|rights:||Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)|
|date added:||30 December 2016|