The Avenue, Bills o' Jacks Road, Greenfield
Undated postcard showing a section of the road now known as the A635 Holmfirth Road.
Parts of the road were named after the main inn on that section, such as the "Isle of Skye Road" above Meltham. The Moorcock Inn at Greenfield — more commonly known as "Bill o' Jacks" or "Bills o' Jacks" — was the scene of an infamous brutal double-murder in April 1832. The location of the section of the road shown in the photograph is uncertain, but likely to the southwest of the Moorcock Inn.
|tags:||Bills o' Jacks (Greenfield), Digitised Items, Greenfield, Postcards, Postcards: Hand Coloured|
|publisher:||Published by Phoebos Apollon as part of their Eclipse Series.|
|rights:||Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)|
|date added:||27 December 2016|